Support Meaningful Meals
Even a little love goes a long way.
At Meaningful Meals, wellbeing is at the forefront of what we’re working together towards. Our programs and activities are designed to be a catalyst that helps rejuvenate and revitalize frontline workers as they tirelessly work to aid and assist those battling ongoing crises.
Meaningful Meals knows that our strength lies not only in the words we stand by, but most importantly, through the actions of our initiatives.
In March 2020, as a result of the pandemic crisis, Janet Meyers (left in picture above) and Claudia Biegler (right in picture above) wanted to give back to frontline workers supporting the Richmond, Virginia metropolitan area. They started with the simple idea of lunches for a few. At that time nursing homes were self-isolating in fear of covid and the recreation team at Beth Sholom Home virtually connected patients with family members.
With help from Louis Campbell’s locally owned catering company, Garnish, Claudia and Janet and a few friends joyously contributed lunches to them. The recreation staff raved and sent heartwarming thank yous. With help from friends our small effort has turned into lovely events. The responses have been overwhelming. As the community heard about our project, individuals asked how they could contribute. The pandemic continues to shake our world and we want to do so much!
Ultimately, we launched Meaningful Meals through the Richmond Jewish Foundation.
Show Your Support
We invite you to join Claudia, Janet and friends to provide meals for more frontline workers. You can do this through the Richmond Jewish Foundation (RJF).
On the Richmond Jewish Foundation "Donation" page, please click Meaningful Meals in the Fund Designation Line.
A $100 donation will provide 10 meals; any contribution is truly appreciated. Congratulatory or memorial contributions are welcome; we will send a handwritten note to whomever you designate. (Please remember to send full names and addresses).
With your support, we can honor a multitude of frontline workers!
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together"
~Vincent van Gogh~
5,000+ total workers served as of February 2022
Organizations Supported Include:
- Bon Secours Respiratory Therapists & Nurses
- Bon Secours Cancer Patient Nurses
- St. Mary’s Administrative Nursing Staff
- Evelyn D. Reinhart Guest House of Bon Secours
- CVS Pharmacy
- Beth Sholom Recreation Staff
- Richmond Hospice House of Bon Secours
- Bickford Assisted Living of Chesterfield
- Daily Planet Health Services
- Chippenham Hospital Covid Nurse Staff
- Chippenham Hospital Covid Housekeeping Staff
- Communities in Schools of Richmond Public Schools (CIS)
- VCU Medical Center - Covid Floor Nurse Staff
- Circle Center Adult Day Care of Richmond
- VCU Medical Center Respiratory Therapists
- Beth Shalom Home Parkside
- Children’s Inn of NIH
- Robious Elementary of Chesterfield County
- Health Brigade
- Read Center
- Henrico Doctor's Hospital Lab Technicians
- Laburnum Elementary of Henrico County
- Crossover Ministries
- Sacred Heart Center
- McQuire Veterans Administration Medical Center Emergency Room Staff
- Henrico County Police Covid Phone Division
- Henrico Doctor's Hospital, Forest Ave. - Covid ICU and SICU Staff
- VCU Health – Covid Vaccine Clinic Staff
- Beth Shalom Food Pantry
- Peter Paul Development Center
- St. Mary's Bon Secours: Covid Units
- Special Olympics
- VCU Pharmacies
- Child Savers
- Safe Harbor Shelter
- Housing Families First
- Children's Hospital of Richmond
- St. James Children's Center
- Anna Julia Cooper Episcopal School
- Cristo Rey
- Stop Child Abuse Now: Circle Preschool and Child Advocacy Program
- Goochland Cares
- Johnston Willis Emergency Department
- Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN)
- Sheltering Arms
- Swansboro Elementary Teachers and staff, Richmond Public Schools
- St. Josephs Villa
- Art 180
- Chippenham Hospital Cardiology Unit
- Richmond Community Hospital
- Children’s Hospital at Bon Air
- Beth Shalom at Parkside
- McQuire VA hospital pharmacists
- Memorial Regional Center
- Fox Elementary School Teachers and Staff
- Richmond Public Libraries - Staff
- Henrico Hospital - Parham Road
- OrthoVirginia Physical Therapy
- VCU Medical Center - Neonatal ICU
- Oak Grove-Belle Meade ES
- St. Francis Hospital
Harold Fitrer, Ed.D.
President and CEO Communities in Schools, Richmond
“Thank you for making today possible. I have heard from so many of the staff already talking about how great it was to have a drive up lunch. It made them feel special.Meaningful Meals is so very appreciated by the Communities in Schools of the Richmond Public Schools staff!
Thank you again"
Helena DeLigt, LCSW
Chief Operating Officer
Daily Planet Health Services
“I wanted to thank you again for this wonderful treat. Staff really appreciated this- both the meal itself, and your words of gratitude and honor. I really appreciate the dedication you both put in to creating your organization, and making a difference to those in the community on the front lines."
On-Site Facilities Coordinator
Bon Secours Community
"Wednesday was so much fun! The staff started arriving nearly as soon as the meals were delivered. They continued to come throughout the afternoon and everyone kept saying "This is so nice." One of the best things about the staff coming to pick up the meals is seeing one another as they were coming and going. Since the pandemic we have only been able to meet virtually. There was so much excitement as they saw one another for the first time in so long. It was such a morale booster. Just to be clear, they continued to social distance and did “virtual” hugs… :-)
Thanks to Meaningful Meals and the generous donors who make it possible!"